Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A New Year and A New Blog

Hellooo... This is the first time I had a personal blog ^_^
I decided to have a blog after reading about other stitcher's stitching stories. This is a new year and I think it would be a nice moment to start a new blog. Okay, the new year is a bit already passed, but we are still in January, right? January is the first month in a year, so in my opinion can still be called a new year. This is not an easy step because I still feel confused and not very good at telling stories. Well, I'll keep trying and I hope I know how to do real soon.

I remember cross stitching as far as I can remember in my life. Since I was born, my mother had often make cross stitching (she told me) so that from childhood I was very familiar with the cross stitch. Of course, my mother taught me how to do cross stitch. I am very interested in what she taught and finally this cross stitch became my hobby until now.

Actually, I've been stitching on and off since junior high school until college. After completing my college and I started working, I also restarted my hobby.


This is my first cross stitch after for long time ^_^ not really bad, isn't?
It called "Fu" in Chinese language, it means "luck", stitched on white Aida 14 count, using DMC threads, a little metallic thread for shiny effect, and a green beads.


This is a birth sampler from Dimensions kit. Sorry for the bad picture. I wish I could show a better picture, but this cross stitch has been given to my friend's daughter as a gift. So, I can't take a picture again. In this cross stitch I've added a words and the side lines.

Since then, I've been stitching non-stop until now. Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment