Thursday, February 26, 2015

Joan Elliott: Swirling Peacock

Did I ever tell you that I love birds?
Well, peacock is one of many birds that I loved very much! A male or female peacock, I love both!
A male peacock more often used as cross stitch object than female peacock, maybe because the male has a long and beautiful tail feathers. However, sometimes I've seen them displayed together, of course the male is more dominant, shows his beautiful tails.
Okay, enough with the story of peacock. Let's see what I've got ^_^

This is Swirling Peacock, designed by very talented designer Joan Elliott. I stitched on 14 count gliter hand dyed fabric, dyed by my friend. I changed the colour of the moon, the original colour is Kreinik #4 3232 Brazilianite and I replaced with Kreinik #4 9294 Periwinkle.




Close up of the moon....






Look at the sparkle of his tail!



Finally after framed....



1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised no one has commented on such lovely work you have here! Wow you chose a neat aida fabric and I love the glitter, and your choice to do the moon that color is just so stunning. Good eye for colors and how they contrast. Were the beads your idea or is that part of the original pattern? I'd love to make something like this for my Aunt someday, you've given me some fresh ideas. Enjoy your life crafting!

    ReplyDelete